Meet Evelyn

"I think I was born in a tent and probably learned to fish before I knew my ABC's. As far back as I can remember my family always went camping on the weekends."

Evelyn's husband, Mark, began working at Camp Magruder in 2005 on the maintenance team. "He would always talk about Camp Magruder. When I finally went there, I couldn't believe how beautiful and special it really was."


Since then, Evelyn has dabbled in several areas at Camp Magruder. She started by volunteering with Mark on the maintenance crew, filled in at the front desk, worked in the kitchen where she received her camp name "Cookie," and most recently worked on our housekeeping staff.


"My favorite thing about Camp Magruder, besides working in the beautiful outdoors, is that you become part of an always expanding family. The christian atmosphere makes it a more relaxed and loving place to work. My job might not be glamorous, but when you love camp as much as I do, you take pride in keeping everything clean and happy."

Comments

Popular Posts