Meet the 2016 Summer Staff: Hope Montgomery



As the summer gets closer, we want you to get to know our Summer Staff a little bit better. We got our 2016 staffers to tell us a little more about themselves. We hope you'll get a chance to meet all of us this summer, because we are excited to meet you. Our next staff profile is for our Summer Program Director, Hope Montgomery.




Name: Hope Montgomery

Hometown: Union City, Tennessee, but I currently hail out of Boulder, CO.

Job: I'm a crew member at Trader Joe's where I pride myself in telling bad jokes at the cash register.

Major:  I studied Religious Studies and English at Hendrix College.

Favorite Color: Olive green, always.

My greatest spiritual gifts are asking thoughtful questions and seeking and cultivating meaningful connections with others and the Earth.

Favorite Bible Verse: I'm not sure about which verse, but I've always been intrigued by Old Testament stories (especially surrounding the Exodus!).

Favorite Camp Magruder Activity: Beating people at Gaga. Consider this an open challenge.

Favorite Food you’ve had in the Magruder Dining Hall: Steamed garlic broccoli with ginger snap cookies; I didn't even have to think about it.

Which actor would play you in the movie about your life? Daisy Ridley... I wish.

What is your spirit animal: Alligator.

Favorite get to know you question: I like to ask about people's family and friends and find out either how they met or learn about their relationship.

Ideal Vacation Spot: I still haven't seen the Grand Canyon so it seems like I should go there also. I'd also really like to go to Zion National Park.

Dream Job: A touring musician, or more likely, I'd love to work in video production!

Fun Fact about me: I'm working now to record two albums of my own original music.

Something you want to say about this summer: I feel so excited and thankful for summer number two at Camp Magruder!

Comments

Popular Posts