Meet the 2016 Staff: Forrest Deters

As the summer gets closer, we want you to get to know our Summer Staff a little bit better. We got our 2016 staffers to tell us a little more about themselves. We hope you'll get a chance to meet all of us this summer, because we are excited to meet you. Our next staff profile is for Resident Counselor Forrest Deters. You may also see Forrest at Camps Latgawa and Suttle Lake.
Name: Forrest Deters
Hometown: Dallas, Oregon
School: I’m graduating from Central High School in Independence, Oregon, and next fall I’ll be attending Willamette University
Major: I am very unsure of what I want to study, but I’ll be involved in the choral program and probably pursuing a degree in physics, biochemistry, or communications with a double minor in political science and environmental science.
Favorite Color: green. But not, like, dark green or neon green. More like a nice, vivid, deep green. Like really really good looking grass or something.
My greatest spiritual gift is helping people love themselves.
Favorite Bible Verse: 1 Peter 4:8
Favorite Camp Magruder Activity: BEACH SOCCER or hiking the Big Dune
Favorite Food you’ve had in the Magruder Dining Hall: grilled cheez 4 dayz
Which actor would play you in the movie about your life? David Tennant
What is your spirit animal? The mighty llama
Favorite get to know you question: Who’s your favorite superhero?
Ideal Vacation Spot: some island somewhere
Dream Job: particle physicist
Fun Fact about me: I really, really, really, really like the Pentatonix. Also I administer and curate a Go-Gurt Memes Facebook Page on the side.

Something you want to say about this summer: I am so excited to meet all of you and to spend an entire summer at camp! Hoping to make some good memories.

Comments

Popular Posts