Meet the 2016 Staff: Emma DeWitt

As the summer gets closer, we want you to get to know our Summer Staff a little bit better. We got our 2016 staffers to tell us a little more about themselves. We hope you'll get a chance to meet all of us this summer, because we are excited to meet you. Our next staff profile is for Resident Counselor, Emma DeWitt. You may also meet Emma at Camp Latgawa or Suttle Lake this summer.

Name: Emma DeWitt


Hometown: Grand Rapids, Michigan

School: Calvin College

Major:  Elementary Education

Favorite Color: White. Because it includes all of the colors

My greatest spiritual gift is: Showing God’s love to others

Favorite Bible Verse: Deuteronomy 31:6- “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

Favorite Camp Magruder Activity: This is my first time coming to camp Magruder (and Oregon for that matter), so I don’t know much, but I can tell you with absolute certainty that I’m excited to see what Magruder’s got!

Favorite Food you’ve had in the Magruder Dining Hall: I haven’t had any yet, but I’m sure it’s delicious because camp food is the absolute BEST.

Which actor would play you in the movie about your life? Amy Pohler for sure!

What is your spirit animal: Without a doubt a bird; and if we’re getting into specifics here, an Oriental Dwarf Kingfisher because it’s small and colorful.

Favorite get to know you question: I have two: 1) who is your favorite superhero? AND 2) what is your favorite compliment that you have received?

Ideal Vacation Spot: Anywhere I haven’t already been (which is a lot of places).

Dream Job: Food critique (Free food!)

Fun Fact about me:  I can make a pretty impressive snake balloon animal.

Something you want to say about this summer: I’m extremely overjoyed and ecstatic to embark on this journey that God is sending me on. I can’t wait to see how He works through all of us to make an impression on campers and influence their lives. I’M SO PUMPED FOR THIS SUMMER YO!

Comments

Popular Posts