Meet the 2016 Staff:Rose Thomas

As the summer gets closer, we want you to get to know our Summer Staff a little bit better. We got our 2016 staffers to tell us a little more about themselves. We hope you'll get a chance to meet all of us this summer, because we are excited to meet you. Our next staff profile is for Resident Counselor, Rose Thomas. You may also meet Rose at Camp Latgawa or Suttle Lake this summer.

Name: Rose Thomas

Hometown: I spent the first few years of my life in Portland and moved to Eugene about 11 years ago.

School/Job: I currently attend Lane Community College and am in the Oregon Marching Band at U of O. I work at this super cool health food restaurant called Cafe Yumm! So if anyone wants a Yumm! bowl let me know!

Major:  The plan is to get a degree in Human Services and then attend seminary to be come an Episcopal Priest.

Favorite Color: My favorite color is blue! When you get to know me you will start to notice that I wear blue everyday! (Of coarse this is not intentional, but a lot of my clothing is blue)

My greatest spiritual gift is out reach. I believe that one of the most important things a Christian can do is out reach. I love helping people in anyway they need it.

Favorite Bible Verse: Ecclesiastes 9:7 Go thy way, Eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God now accepteth thy works. (I love food so naturally this is my favorite verse)

Favorite Camp Magruder Activity: Other than FOB, my favorite activity is camp fire.

Favorite Food you’ve had in the Magruder Dining Hall: Mac and Cheese, 'nuff said.

Which actor would play you in the movie about your life?: Hopefully Mia Mitchell, but sadly I am not Australian.

What is your spirit animal: Most people say I am a cat (because I like sleeping), but I am allergic to them so I don't think that would work out very well. So if I can choose I would like to be a sea otter. Did you know they hold hands with other otters when they sleep because they don't want to float away?

Favorite get to know you question: Which character in Harry Potter would you be? P.s. I would be Professor Flitwick.

Ideal Vacation Spot: New Zealand. (You've seen Lord of the Rings right?)

Dream Job: Dutch Bros drink tester. (Not like I haven't tried everything on the menu anyway)

Fun Fact about me: I have a black belt in Tae Kwon Do


Something you want to say about this summer: I am really excited to be an RC again this summer. Last year was amazing and I have hope this summer will be just as amazing if not better!

Comments

Popular Posts