Meet the 2016 Summer Staff: Ben Scranage




As the summer gets closer, we want you to get to know our Summer Staff a little bit better. We got our 2016 staffers to tell us a little more about themselves. We hope you'll get a chance to meet all of us this summer, because we are excited to meet you. Our next staff profile is for returning Resource Staff member, Ben Scranage.

Name: Benjamin Loren Scranage the seventh! (not actually, but wouldn’t that be great?!
Hometown: Well the strange thing is I lived in the middle of two towns so technically I shifted the space time continuum by not having a “hometown” (Although my home church is in Halsey Oregon.)
School/Job: I work in contract construction which if you know me very well at all it seems as though this would be terrible choice, but luckily the nice people at the Wesley Center see past that and hire me nonetheless. I currently attend Lane Community College alone for two terms and in the fall I am at both LCC and the University of Oregon in the Marching Band playing for Our Men in Green every Saturday!
Major: Although this will probably not be true minutes after you read it (Because college is about figuring yourself out for a lot of money), I am currently a Journalism Major with interest in Radio Broadcast and Podcasting.
Favorite Color: While red has stood as my personal favorite color for years I have had a recent change to the color of Blue, maybe my life is calmin down.
My greatest spiritual gift is the ability to be open about my own personal faith and accept the stories of others without judgement. It sometimes just takes a good ear to enjoy the good story of someone else.
Favorite Bible Verse: “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” It is such a calming idea.
Favorite Camp Magruder Activity Oh without doubt staff hunt. For years and years I have waited for the chance to become a ninja and let no 6th grader find me.
Favorite Food you’ve had in the Magruder Dining Hall: I live and breathe mac and cheese from Carrier, my blood consists mostly of a mix of the cherry juice and lemonade.
Which actor would play you in the movie about your life? I have been said to have the Adventuring aspects of the late great Nicolas Cage. His passion for adventure drove me to search for a national treasure. I sadly still have not.
What is your spirit animal Not so much the spirit animal but more who I truly am I have realized that the cat is my true form. I would love to sleep 22 hours a day and being petted and fed for free.
Favorite get to know you question: What is your favorite Facial expression?
Ideal Vacation Spot: A cabin in colorado, far away from other people but in a large log cabin with good friends for a weekend or two.
Dream Job: I would love to have my own podcast on This American Life. I do have a love for radio.
Fun Fact about me: I saved Macklemore at his last concert in Seattle a couple weeks ago before he left for Europe. A stage dive gone bad leading me to use my camp lifeguarding skills to pull him from being trampled.
Something you want to say about this summer: What we do at Camp Magruder is  try as hard as possible for three months straight to create incredibly memorable times for every camper in attendance. I can not wait to do it again for all of you out there who are coming back. It is the most fulfilling work in the world to make other people happy. Come to camp this summer to make unforgettable memories with unforgettable people. God is truly at work at Camp Magruder, come and experience his beauty.

Comments

Popular Posts